|One||To understand the nature of schizophrenia and its symptoms.||
- Diagnosis of schizophrenia according to DSM-IV.|
- Truths and myths about schizophrenia.
- Symptoms of schizophrenia.
|Two||To understand the causes of schizophrenia and the importance of the family in supporting affected individuals.||
- Causes of schizophrenia|
- Stress vulnerability model
- Role of the family.
|Three||To improve participants understanding of antipsychotic medications and improve medication compliance.||
- Side effects of medications.|
- Mechanism of action of medications.
|Four||To review relapse triggers & warning signs and improve participants' ability to recognise these.||
- Early warning signs of relapse.|
- Common relapse triggers.
- Relapse management strategies.
- Burden of care.
To determine common problem sources in the home.|
To initiate techniques to solve problems.
- Problem-solving interventions in schizophrenia.|
- Practical advice for problem-solving.
|Six||To identify stress triggers and improve stress management techniques.||- Stress management skills and strategies.|