|Inclusion criteria||Exclusion Criteria|
|- Aged between 18 and 75 years|
- No intake of any psychotropic medication/substance for a minimum of 2 months before study day 1.
- For the inclusion of patients, a wide spectrum of affective, anxiety and stress-related mental disorders according to the criteria of DSM-IV or DSM-5 [2, 14] are allowed, specifically these are:
Anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorders: agoraphobia with and without panic disorder, panic disorder, social phobia, specific phobia, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder;
Stress and trauma-associated mental disorders (e.g. posttraumatic stress disorder).
|- Current illness in the field of organic mental disorders;|
- Affective disorders caused by a medical condition
- Organic mental disorders (e.g. dementia)
- Current disorders of schizophrenia;
- Current eating disorder;
- Mental retardation and profound developmental disorders;
- Severe neurological or internal medical illness;
- Posttraumatic or post-ischemic brain damage or elapsed cerebral hemorrhage;
- Acute suicidality;
- Pregnancy and postpartum period;
- Magnetic resonance imaging contraindications (e.g. non-MR compatible metal implants including cardiac pacemakers, claustrophobia);
- Myopia <− 6 D, which cannot be compensated by contact lenses or MR compatible glasses (Cambridge Research Systems, Rochester, UK);
- Current substance abuse;
- Current or past substance dependence;
Risky alcohol consumption, screened with the Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test – Consumption questions (AUDIT-C)  and defined as score of ≥5 in males and of ≥4 in females .