1. Why did you need to have surgery? How did you choose your surgeon?|
2. What was it like talking with the surgeon? What was your impression of them?
3. How did the surgeon explain to you that you needed to have surgery?
4. How did the surgeon approach your mental health during this discussion? How did you feel about this?
5. What was the preparation and planning like for your surgery and going to hospital? Who did you speak with?
6. How did you feel about having surgery in relation to your mental health?
7. How do you feel now about having your surgery and the time you were in hospital?|
8. How was your mental health managed when you were in hospital for your surgery?
9. How did you feel talking with the ward staff when you were in hospital?
10. How did you feel about going home after your surgery?
11. How did your admission to hospital for surgery compare with other hospital admissions you have had before?
12. If there was one thing you could change about your experience with having surgery, what would it be?
13. Is there anything else you would like to add that we haven’t covered today?