Erratum to: Model-based parametric study of frontostriatal abnormalities in schizophrenia patients
© Tanaka; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2010
Received: 21 September 2010
Accepted: 19 November 2010
Published: 19 November 2010
The original article was published in BMC Psychiatry 2010 10:17
After the publication of this work , the author became aware that it contains inaccurate descriptions as well as typographical errors. They should be corrected in order that the descriptions in the text and the results are consistent. The corrections are listed below with reasons. These corrections are superficial and do not affect the results and conclusions. The author regrets any inconvenience that these inaccuracies might have caused.
1. Page 3: Typographical errors: γ (gamma) in Eqs. (5) and (6) should be γ.
2. Page 4: In the description of Model 1, "the DA depletion of 70%" should be "the DA depletion of 75%" because the author used the value of 75% in the calculation.
3. Page 4: The description of Model 2 contains unnecessary sentences: "The averaged D2 occupancy is 23.6%, From the ratio of ...", and the whole description should be replaced by
Page 5: Table three (Table 1 in this manuscript) contains an erroneous citation of the paper: Erlandsson et al. (2003), which provides D2 receptor occupancy by risperidone rather than by dopamine. The D2 receptor occupancy in patients from the study by Voruganti et al. (2001) is also erroneously written, which is 16%. The correct value is 39%. The average value of the occupancy in healthy controls is not used in the calculation in this study, so that it is to be omitted. Because the estimation of the occupancy was based on DA depletion rate, the value is to be specified in each cited study. Radiotracers and imaging techniques used in the cited studies are also specified for clarity. Taking all of these corrections, Table three should be replaced by
Striatal D2 receptor occupancies by DA estimated from receptor imaging studies.
SPECT (Abi-Dargham et al. 2000) 
SPECT (Laruelle et al. 1997) 
PET (Riccardi et al. 2008) 
PET (Verhoeff et al. 2001) 
SPECT (Voruganti et al. 2001) 
- 5.Page 6: In Eqs. (12) and (13), Y should be replaced by [DA], so that the correct equations are(12)(13)
Page 7: "Δ PANSS is the change" should be "Δ PANSS is the percent change".
Page 10: Reference 35 should be removed from the list because of the reason provided in Correction #4.
- Tanaka S: Model-based parametric study of frontostriatal abnormalities in schizophrenia patients. BMC Psychiatry. 2010, 10: 17-10.1186/1471-244X-10-17. PMID: 20187970View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- The pre-publication history for this paper can be accessed here:http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-244X/10/93/prepub
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.